with (TD) Troy Graham
Rotary Engine Install: Part 1, Page 1
Disclaimer This page is not meant to be used as a "how-to" at this point. It's purpose is merely to highlight parts of this install in semi-real-time for interested parties.
Please note, this conversion is very much NOT a bolt-in affair. After I've had a chance to get it running and work out some of the kinks, I will be publishing a more complete article, geared towards "how-to". I will also be posting a very comprehensive FAQ in the near future. Now that we've got that out of the way, let's get on with the saga, one which I have coined "Project Mazuki". To get funds for the swap, I sold my 1600 to Dana Whittenbaugh. He drove from Iowa to Indiana one weekend and we pulled his old 1300, and transplanted my 1600, then he drove it home.
That's my Sammi on the left, with the 1600 in the foreground, and Dana's Sammi on the right:
It's an 85 RX-7 GS, with 65,000 miles, that runs perfect. Since it was hit hard in the right front, I picked it up for $500. You can't tell from the pic, but the front wheel has about 15 degrees negative camber. Here's the organ it provided: