Petroworks has been kind enough to give iZook permission to reprint this "Quick Fix" article. This is an article from a series that you can find at the Petroworks web site. Look for down loadable video files in the future that will be provided by the great crew of Petroworks. Please visit their newly designed web site at Http://www.petroworks.com
Leaky DistributorTools Required:
10mm socket 12mm socket
Timing light (This isnt necessary if you make accurate reference marks. However we do recommend that you check the timing after you do this fix.)
- Make a reference mark on the distributor where it connects to the distributor housing. Also make a reference mark on the rotor so you can line everything up when reassembling everything.
- Remove the vacuum line and the yellow plug from the distributor.
- Remove the 12mm bolt that holds the distributor to the housing.
- Pull the distributor from the housing.
- Remove the three 10mm bolts from the housing.
- Remove the housing from the head. A small amount of oil will leak out when you do this.
- Replace the o-ring on the distributor and the one on the distributor housing.
- Reconnect the housing to the head. Be sure to reconnect the ground wire.
- Pour a small amount of oil into the housing so that the gears arent dry when you start the motor.
- Reinstall the distributor to the housing making sure to line up your reference marks.
- Reconnect the vacuum line, yellow plug, and cap. The motor should start as long as you lined up the reference marks. We recommend that you check the timing now.
Looking for more exposure at your web site? We are looking for contributing authors. Any article you provide will be linked back to your site from the iZook web site with a full size banner at the top of your article. This site can only stay cutting edge with your input. E - mail me for details. You can link to iZook with a new link button. Make sure to let us know if you use this button so a return link can be posted on the iZook links page.
iZook.com is Trademarked 1998-2007, iZook. All rights reserved. This site is protected under copyright laws. Please do not use the iZook.com name or reprint any articles from this site without written permission. Copyright 1998-2007, iZook. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The fabrication, modifications and designs you see on this web site are completed by our readers and submitted to us for publishing. If you duplicate these modifications you do so at your own risk. We do not endorse or make any claims to their safety, performance, On-road or off-road worthiness except as noted in our "Product Reviews". These reviews are on items purchased from or provided by reputable aftermarket suppliers. Please see our legal information page for details. Suzuki, Samurai, Sidekick, Vitara, Grand Vitara, X-90, and the Suzuki "S" Logo are all registered trademarks of American Suzuki Motor Corporation. Geo, Chevy, and Tracker are all registered trademarks of General Motors Corporation. iZook is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with American Suzuki Motor Corporation.